2000 Oak Bay Ave
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Oak Bay
Listed just above Assessment. Check with the Municipality of Saanich for Garden Suite potential. Mt. Tolmie area, Large 13542sq.ft Lot and house in a fantastic location! This adorable classic 1953 Bungalow with 3 bedrooms (1 without a closet) on the main floor offers wonderful mid-century character details. South facing, nice and bright with large windows. Bring your ideas, the lower level offers plenty of op...
The desirable Royal Oak/Broadmead area will impress! Built in 1992, open and spacious living with 2 beds & 2 baths, open kitchen with family room viewing over the lovely front private courtyard. Large living room with gas fireplace, dining room overlooking the private rear garden. The home offers one-level living, a double car garage, and great access to Royal Oak and Broadmead shopping centers, Commonwealth...
Welcome to Dean House! In this fabulous location, you will find this quiet 55+ building has a spacious floor-plan of almost 1400 s.f of living space. This is a bright south-facing 2 Bdr. condo that overlooks snow-peaked mountains & Victoria's pretty cityscape. The main bedroom is super large with a walk-through closet & updated ensuite bathroom. Newer updates to paint & baseboard heating. Lots of Extra storag...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
FRENCH-INSPIRED COTTAGE! Brimming with charm, this darling home offers the very best in comfortable casual elegance. Vaulted ceilings and over-sized skylights bring in a bounty of light. Open floorplan allows for ease of entertaining as each room flows seamlessly into the other. A wall of European designed windows and French doors open onto the wrap around deck allowing you to toast the beautiful summer sunse...Listed by THE AGENCY
Located in one of the most prestigious and sought after residences in all of downtown Victoria, this 3 bedroom Sub-Penthouse in The Legato offers both luxury and convenience. With over 1,400 finished SqFt of brilliantly designed open concept living, this suite is sure to impress! South East exposure offers a stunning outlook through floor to ceiling windows. Spacious, sun drenched deck with view of Mt. Baker ...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.
The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford.
REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.
Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.
Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015