let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Oak Bay
Motivated sellers PLUS Location Location, Don't miss seeing this 1955 bungalow features approx. 9,450 SF lot in a sought after neighbourhood. Close to the University of Victoria and shopping centres, Restaurants and coffee shops. This 3-4 bedroom home offers wood floors, country kitchen, formal dining, living room with fireplace and bright sunroom. This home could be perfect for an in-law suite. Bring your id...
This beautiful, very bright double wide home with SW exposure is just minutes away from the ocean & beach. This home features a large master bedroom with 2pc en-suite plus a spacious 2nd bedroom & 1 bathroom. The clean, open, charming ambiance will instantly make you feel right at home. Spacious kitchen, L-Shaped living-dining room, vaulted ceilings, skylight, front sundeck, 1 car garage with a NEW roof with ...
MOVE IN READY & EXCELLENT VALUE in today's Victoria market. Bright, Spacious 2Bd/2Bth condo facing south on the quiet side of the building with a patio and private garden space. Tastefully updated, freshly painted, NEW! updated electrical panel & NEW electric fireplace. Kitchen is updated includes breakfast bar, plus a nice sized dining area and living room. Large master-bedroom with en-suite bath and generou...Listed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Westshore
Custom built family home situated on Rainbow ridge near Christmas Hill. Pride of ownership is evident throughout this very warm and inviting well designed 5 Bed & 4 full bath home with tons of room for a growing family or rent the 2 bed 2 bath suite out for extra revenue! A large open kitchen & living area is perfect for the kids or entertaining as you can easily flow through your french doors into your back...
Rare offering of a one level townhouse, located in the Foxborough Hills complex - Broadmead. This unit is bright and spacious, kitchen and family room. In the 1834 Sq.Ft. - 2 large bedrooms & 2 bathrooms (5 pce. ensuite off master) plus a 21x19 double garage, there is ample room for your lifestyle. Small pets are welcome, and you'll love the beautiful recreation facilities, with swimming pool, hot tub, guest ...
Huge 2400 sqft rancher with separate 1 bedroom in-law suite fully self contained. Entering this home you'll see a wonderful kitchen, which is well thought out and designed. Large living area with views of the Olympic mountains. 3 Bedrooms in main home with luxurious ensuite with large soaker tub, large walk in shower and double sinks. New 2-5-10 Home Warranty on this brand new home. GST is included in the ...Listed by RE/MAX CAMOSUN
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.
The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford.
REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.
Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.
Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015