let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Oak Bay
Welcome this fabulous lovingly maintained 3 bed, 2 full bath, single family home in beautiful Royal Oak nestled on a private lane. Primary on main floor with walk-in closet & an en-suite makes this ideal for retirees or family living. This bright home offers a functional floor plan with generous sized kitchen with island & breakfast nook, formal L/R with gas fireplace, D/R & a bonus family room. Upstairs has ...
Rarely do homes come on the market in this beautiful neighborhood of View Royal! This beautiful custom-built home borders Thetis Lake Park and features 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms on a quiet cul-de-sac. First time on the market, pride of ownership shows with having been meticulously maintained and extensively updated by the original owners. The kitchen and family room located at the rear of the home opens to a pr...
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! Spacious Top Floor condo with sunny southern exposure with view of Mount Tolmie and the Olympic Mountains. This condo is arguably one of the best locations in the building, with 1 bed, 1 bath. Move-in ready. This well-run building offers many features: a swimming pool, hot tub area, games room complete with pool table, and a great central location within walking distance to amenit...
Great neighbourhood, easy walk to to shopping restaurants, bank etc. Excellent, well-maintained home within Ophir Place, one of Victoria's most popular complexes - now a 50+ Community. You'll enjoy this comfortable floor plan with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms including a spacious Primary suite. This home also features a bright sunroom with an exterior door to the grounds which is perfect for letting your dog ...Listed by DFH Real Estate
Welcome home to Copper Beech Village. This lovely townhome has been very well maintained and is centrally located in downtown Sidney. Bright and spacious with a large master bedroom on the main floor with walk-in closet and 3 pce bath. The main level also features a spacious living room w/ new gas fireplace and surround, open concept kitchen & dining, HW flooring, laundry, a very functional kitchen with quart...Listed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.
The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford.
REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.
Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.
Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015